Group Piano Lessons for Kids (Ages 4 to 7)
FREE TRIAL LESSONS on Wednesdays @ 3:30pm, Fridays @ 3:30pm, Saturdays @ 10:15am! Contact us to RSVP!
Kids Music teaches young children (4 – 7 yrs old) the basics of music in interactive small group piano classes (up to 4 kids). The education begins with the basics of:
1. Labeling our hands & fingers
2. Identifying the keys on the piano and reading music by finger numbers
3. Reading music by note names and written music notation
Klassik Arts Kids Music program is not to be confused with “music and movement” activity classes offered at daycares. Our program consists of real music lessons at the piano delivered in a more affordable "group class" (up to 4 kids) to prep for private lessons.
Kids Music vs. Private Lessons:
Private lessons traditionally warrant a certain level of responsibility that is placed on the student (such as practice, progress, & performance).
Kids Music is intended to let young kids engage in real music lessons while being free of teacher and parent expectations being forced on them, and to allow parents a more affordable option for exploring music lessons for their young children.
There are three levels of the primer education (levels A, B, and C) and the intent is to work through the entire program over about a calendar year. Given enough time, through repetition of lesson material, kids will learn the level A material even without needing to practice at home. By the time they are ready for level B and C, it will be good to have a keyboard to play on at home.
- Classes are taken on a weekly basis (45 minutes each)
- Tuesdays 3:30pm(Currently Full), 4:30pm
- Wednesdays 3:30pm, 4:30pm, 5:30pm(Opening soon)
- Thursdays 3:30pm, 4:30pm
- Fridays 3:30pm(Currently Full), 4:30pm
- Saturdays 9:30am, 10:30am(Currently Full), 11:30am(Opening soon)
- Payment is month-to-month for $100 flat fee (Prorated at $25 per week if you sign up in middle of a month)
- Free Trial! – The best way to determine if your child will be interested in our Kids Music Program is to go ahead and give it a try! To help parents make the decision, we are happy to provide a single one-on-one free trial lesson with no obligation.
- $40 OFF WHEN ENROLLED IN BOTH KIDS MUSIC AND KIDS ART
Brittany Sepulvado has performed extensively with diverse ensembles including the San Diego Winds, City Ballet of San Diego, Centre City Chorale, and Left Coast Quintet. She studied with Jerry Kirkbride at the University of Arizona and Sheryl Renk at San Diego State University with the support of audition-based scholarships at both institutions. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Music.
As an educator, Brittany has worked in public and alternative schools with students aged 4 to 26. Brittany has coached music classes at various schools where she has lead groups of up to 30 students through lessons in pedagogy, repertoire, and musicianship. Her private students have gone on to participate in honor bands and win music scholarships at prestigious music schools nationwide.
Her love of music and teaching have driven her to focus on increasing the impact of the arts for San Diego's underserved youth.
Angie Sung, an Elementary Education major, brings her passion for children's education and music to Klassik Arts. She is responsible for the weekly trials at Klassik Arts as well as liaison for all the class scheduling needs.
She believes that both Music and Art education play a crucial role in developing firm foundation for children.